Be the hostess with the mostest and take your dipping to the next level with ALL the dips. Why just bring out the guacamole when you can have hummus and salsa too? Here’s our easy recipes for the freshest dips, each perfectly paired for EMILY Veg Thins.
Our pairing are just suggestions, feel free to be bold and change them up!
THE ULTIMATE GREEN GUAC
Pair with: EMILY Barbecue Veg Thins
- Start by selecting perfectly ripe avocados. Remove the cap (where the avocado would have been attached to the tree) – if it’s green or yellow, your avocado is ripe and ready.
- Mash the avocados until chunky, not smooth, leaving delectable pieces of avocado to scoop up with your EMILY Veg Thins.
- Turn up the heat by adding red onion, cherry tomatoes, garlic and fresh chilli for an extra kick of spicy sassiness.
- Season to perfection with a pinch of salt, a scatter of cracked black pepper and a twist of lime.
- Dip your EMILY Veg Thins into guac and crunch away. Ooh so delicioso!
THE ULTIMATE HOMEMADE HUMMUS
Pair with: EMILY Vegan Sour Cream & Onion Veg Thins
- Grab your food processor and let’s get going.
- Pass on the store-bought lemon juice and squeeze some fresh lemon into the blender for an authentic tang factor. Psst… make the most of your citrusy fruit by saving some of the lemon zest to use as a garnish for the finished product.
- It’s Tahini time. Mix ice-cold water with (at least) 2 tbsps of Tahini to ensure the hummus is a light, rich and irresistible blend. Blitz the tahini and lemon juice together for a minute or so.
- Drain 1 can of chickpeas and add to the food processor along with ample amounts of olive oil to create an extra silky-smooth texture. Don’t forget to drizzle a little extra on top just before serving to make your dish sparkle!
- Sprinkle some spices to the mix to a create a unique flavouring and hit blend again. FYI, Team EMILY’s go-to spice is cumin, which adds a subtle warm, earthy flavour.
THE ULTIMATE SEXY SALSA
Pair with: EMILY Sea Salt Veg Thins
- Choose the freshest of fresh tomatoes and 1 small red onion and finely dice
- Bring a bunch of coriander to the table and chop finely
- If you like to turn up the heat, add some chopped chillies into the mix
- Throw everything together in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of water and give a quick stir
- Add salt and a dash of lime juice to taste for perfection